The Reputation Group is seeking a PR Professional who likes working on social issues campaigns to join our agency for a short-term contract until Christmas 2015, with a possibility of contract extension.
The position is to work on a high profile campaign and assist with a variety of implementation tasks ranging from organising events and liaising with stakeholders to writing media releases and conducting community and media outreach.
About The Reputation Group
The Reputation Group (TRG), based in South Melbourne, is an award-winning strategic communications agency with expertise in social marketing communications, behaviour change and public relations. For more than 10 years, we have had a successful track record in working with governments, non-profits and commercial organisations to develop community awareness and behaviour change programs aiming to solve complex social issues.
To effectively manage community and stakeholder events
To create content ranging from web copy to media releases and social media content
To develop media strategy and proactively seek media coverage
To contribute creative ideas for media and community engagement
To ensure effective project management, regularly updating a variety of reports
To assist the Managing Director and consultancy senior staff, as required
To work as part of a team, contributing to the consultancy’s overall success, culture and well-being
- Manage all elements of events, as part of a social marketing campaign, including their formats, briefings, costings, set-up, implementation, and evaluation
- Ability to manage client contact, present and provide strategic counsel and advice to clients about events and community engagement
- Develop and contribute to strategic social marketing and stakeholder engagement communications plans, focusing on PR activities and channels
- Assist with communication activities, including researching and writing material as required
Bachelor Degree with a qualification in Public Relations, Event Management, Marketing or Business, with strong writing skills.
At least 4-5 years of agency experience within a social marketing environment
- A proven track record in successful social marketing and public education/community awareness campaigns
- Demonstrated strong project and event management skills
- Ability to manage issues, especially in relation to event management components
- Ability to work with the media
- First class communications skills and strong interpersonal abilities
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and databases
- Able to work efficiently in a demanding, quick moving environment
- Culturally sensitive and adaptable
- Good judgment, reflecting knowledge of the firm’s culture
- Experience in cultivating and building relationships with clients
- Proven ability to build stakeholder relationships and influence outcomes
- Team player
Please email your cover letter and resume to:
Lelde McCoy, Managing Director